If you like shopping, you can find in Paris the most luxurious shops of ready-to-wear, high fashion, jewelry, decoration, gastronomy...
Shops of Place Vendome and Avenue Montaigne, trendy shops of the Marais, department stores on Boulevard Haussmann… feel free to wander and get lost in the shopping districts in Paris:
• Avenue Montaigne: you will find all the major luxury brands (Saint Laurent, Dior, Celine...);
• Place Vendome: this magnificent square area welcomes the biggest names in jewelry and luxury;
• Place des Victoires and Rue Etienne Marcel: fashionable and trendy boutiques;
• The Marais: a must for finding the Parisian designers;
• Boulevard Saint Germain Rive Gauche boutiques and cafes;
• Boulevard Haussmann: One of the most commercial areas of Paris where you will find the Printemps and Galeries Lafayette, two of the largest stores of Paris.
For non-residents of the European Union, you can reclaim VAT paid on purchases in France (tax free), except spendings on accommodation, transport and food. This mainly is about costs of shopping.
To obtain a VAT refund, you must ask the store where you do your purchase to make a tax-free. The seller can either complete the sale before tax (VAT excluded), or with VAT and, in this case, you must obtain an administrative board of the seller indicating the amount of VAT refunded and an envelope for returning the pink copy which must be stamped by the Customs Service. Please note that railway stations do not have, such as airports, customs services. Parisian department stores have special services for a tax refund. Unless the VAT has not been paid at the time of purchase, the seller will refund the VAT on receipt of the pink copy which must be returned within 3 months.