What to expect
The Night Fountains Show in the splendor of the gardens of the Palace of Versailles
is your personal invitation to the opulent past, an ultra-modern re-creation of the great parties of Louis XIV, which were lit entirely by candlelight. Every Saturday evening in summer, from 8.30pm to 11pm, the fountains in the stunning French gardens of the extravagant palace of the Sun King come magically alive, stunningly lit to the sound of baroque music, the very sounds Louis himself delighted in. Take a stroll through groves between the fountains, discovering architectural surprises and distinguished sculptures, made new by the latest LED lighting, imitating the atmospheric glow of candlelight, warming the statuary and foliage with warm hues. The 21st century magicians at Groupe F have somehow made the garden's Green Carpet vibrate, with huge flames appearing in rhythm. The evening is crowned with fireworks fit for a king, a thrilling multicoloured display in the garden that was the Sun King's fantasy world, created using the genius of architects, sculptors and landscapers, all at the service of a megalomaniac, a visionary monarch.
How the evening will go
- The Grand Perspective, music and fountains play from 8.30 pm to 11.05 pm.
- Groves, music and fountains play from 8.35 pm to 10.45 pm.
- Final fireworks from 10.50 pm to 11.05 pm.
- The Night Fountains Show is taking place whatever the weather conditions. Tickets are non-exchangeable and non-refundable, even in case of bad weather.
- Access security measures are currently reinforced. To avoid a long wait, you are advised to arrive before 7.45 pm.
Reduced rate: 6-17 years old, students, invalidity card + 1 guide for invalidity card, Château de Versailles Spectacles loyalty card holders, and 1 year in Versailles card (solo or duo) holders.
Free: children 0-5 years old.
Going to Night Fountains of Versailles
By car :
- Motorway A13> Versailles Notre Dame exit
- A86 motorway> Versailles Center exit
GPS: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles
Free parking from 19:00 on the Place d'Armes every evening of Grandes Eaux Nocturnes. Attention, the parking is saturated, it is advisable to plan to arrive very early. No refund will be possible if the car park is full.
By public transport:
- LINE N: Gare Montparnasse> Gare Versailles Chantiers. Dir. Dreux, Mantes-la-Jolie, Rambouillet. Last return 00:31 (*)
- LINE L: Gare St-Lazare> Versailles Rive Droite Station. Dir. Versailles Right Bank. Last return 00: 15 (*)
- BUS 171: Sèvres Bridge> Versailles Castle stop. Last return 01: 00 (*)
- RER C: Paris> Gare Versailles Château Rive Gauche. Dir. Versailles Rive Gauche Castle. Last return 23:55 (*)
(*) Schedules subject to modification by transport company