Your request has been registered.
You will receive an e-mail as soon as this product is available again.
We can offer you the following services for the same date:
What to expectNestled in the countryside in the village of Maincy, the Vaux-le-Vicomte estate is an absolutely stunning place. With a history spanning 350 years, the castle and its garden offer a living experience of the 17th century. The result of the visionary and passionate spirit of Nicolas Fouquet, the Superintendent of Finances for Louis XIV, it showcases the work of three of the greatest artists of the Grand Siècle: architect Louis Le Vau, decorator Charles Lebrun, and landscape gardener André Lenôtre. Louis XIV would later assemble the same team to build the Palace of Versailles, thus making Vaux-le-Vicomte the model that would inspire numerous palaces across Europe. Since 1875 and over five generations, the de Vogüé family has made it their duty to restore and preserve the estate, which has been open to the public since 1968. If you can, don't miss the candlelit tours every Saturday evening from May to October when the castle and gardens are illuminated with over 2000 candles.
Visit to Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
The visit to Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte includes Nicolas Fouquet's private apartments, the ceremonial salons, the basements, the garden, and the carriage museum.
|Opening Hours of Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte|
(March 17 - November 4)
(May 5 – October 6)
Please note: Last entry is one hour before closing.
Discounts and Free Admission
- Reduced rate for students and job seekers (available only on-site with proof of eligibility).
- Free admission for children under 6 years old.
Good to Know
- Strollers are not allowed inside the castle for heritage preservation reasons. They are allowed in all other areas of the estate.
- For the enjoyment of both young and old, you can rent period costumes from the age of 2 (inside the castle only) for €4.
- Audio guides can be rented in the castle throughout the day (no reservation required) for €3.
- Parking is free, including for buses.
- Animals are not allowed on the premises. Only guide dogs for the blind and visually impaired are accepted.
Access to Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
|Getting to Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte from Paris|
approximately 1 hour
|Car or Bus||
GPS Coordinates of Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte: Enter the town of Maincy and then Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte or 48.568727000 and 2.713580000.
Parking: Free, including for buses.